Connection Interrupted - Upload Problems - Regedit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by バンザイ, Oct 22, 2008.

1. バンザイ

バンザイ Private E-2

So this happened to me before but I fixed it before just by doing this one tiny change. I'll explain that a little later.

So my problem is that every time I upload files, doesn't really matter if it's an image or video, I always get this:

Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

Before you answer, let me also add that the file types are supported by the websites (Like ImageShack, PhotoBucket, YouTube and all others out there) I upload on and that I do make sure the file sizes are under max amount file size that could be uploaded for each site.

Now to what I was saying before. When this happened to me last time I looked threw the web for a good month finding solutions. Here are some that didn't work:

1) Yes I have Firefox and going into "about:blank" menu and changing that one thing doesn't work.

2) Creating a Static IP.

3) Firewall Settings.

4) Trying Different Internet Browsers.

5) Stop using my router and used a straight connection to my modem instead.

6) System Restore.

7) And many others, I'm sure you get my point.

Now there was this one solution that I stumbled upon that was different from all the others. It had something to do with the run command "regedit", and no it wasn't the WUAUSERV and BITS thing.

What it was that I had to changed this one value from "0" to "1" or maybe it was "1" to "0" or it could be something even different but it was only one change with something in regedit.

After that one changed it fixed all my problems. My internet started to go at it's normal speed and I was able to upload anything.

So my problem is that I don't remember were it was in regedit that I had to edit and that if there are any other solutions that you can give me that I can try I'm willing to try them.

One more thing, I just think that my connection keeps on resetting. When on MSN, not all my messages get sent to the people I talk to and that it says something about my "host files" when It prompts me about a repair.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  2. バンザイ

バンザイ Private E-2

It's alright now. I fixed my problem...

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Welcome to the forum

Really glad you have this fixed now, but could you possibly post what was the cause and how you fixed it as it may help someone else with same issue at some time?

regards
    Admin

4. バンザイ

バンザイ Private E-2

Oh alright. I found out that my modem was fried and was no longer able to fuction properly. So I just called my ISP and they gave me a brand new one and all my problems were solved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds