connection refused while using panda

Discussion in 'Software' started by elementkid07, Jan 17, 2005.

1. elementkid07

elementkid07 Private First Class

while panda anti-virus trial is on it says the connection was refused to sites..any idea how to fix

2. elementkid07

3. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Assuming you are using the Panda firewall that comes with the AV trial right click on the panda icon in the system tray and choose configure permanent protection...then under permanent firewall protection click on configure. From here under the access tab where it says 'programs with access to the network' click on configure and check your program access settings...including 'generic host process for win32 services'.

If the firewall is NOT enabled please post back and we'll go from there.

4. elementkid07

wait where do i click on it ...i did properties i dont see it

5. elementkid07

the firewall preotection is off

6. AbbySue

Ok...so is it refusing access to web sites or virus definition updates? Would help if you could post the exact message you are getting.:)

7. elementkid07

websites...the connection was refused when attempting to contact (website)

8. elementkid07

nvm its fine...i got rid of panda and bought pc cillin 2005 i got 2002 for free with my asus mobo and i got the new pc cillin 2005 for 25 instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2005
  9. AbbySue

@ elementkid07: No it's not ok, we don't allow illegal stuff here but glad to see you have your issue resolved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds