Connection reset/unable to connect - Facebook Only

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by threecoins, Aug 10, 2011.

1. threecoins

threecoins Private E-2

The only site right now I am having issues with is Facebook. I cannot connect to the site but when I login, on Firefox, I get the message that the connection was reset. On Google Chrome, I get the message that the connection was interrupted, and in IE, I get the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. This started about an hour ago.

Steps I've taken to remedy the problem:

Reset my modem
    Reinstall my Ethernet card
    Repair the connection
    Reinstall the connection
    Scan for viruses with Super Anti Spyware and Malwarebytes' Anti Malware (updated)
    Restart the computer

I am running Windows XP on a computer connected directly to a modem, no router. I have no firewall or AV scanning in real time.

2. threecoins

threecoins Private E-2

Facebook just started working. I'm not sure why it did but I'm not complaining ;D

Feel free to lock/delete this thread. I will post another if it happens again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds