Considering this board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadow_Puter_Dude, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

2. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Thoughts : Geez i wish i had enough money for that awesome combo!

Comments : GO FOR IT!!!

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Awsome combination :)

One thing Abit do well is to bundle their mobo packs well.

4. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

Go for it :D
    if i had the cash I'd upgrade too!!

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

That heatpipe on those abits has always looked a little clumsy to me,your cmos battery is underneath it and its looped right next to the cpu socket might limit your options as to the aftermarket cooling you can install once the new generation of massive heatpipe coolers are released,if you decide quieten it down or overclock :)

6. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

If I decided to buy it, I need to consider cooling options. Water cooling is a definite consideration, and definitely will want to quiet it down. I'm leaning towards a Geoforce 6600 with 256Mb DDR for the video card.

Overclocking is out, if I'm going to spend that much on a Mobo, I don't want to burn it up.

7. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

if your not gonna OC why even bother with watercooling? waste of money/time/effort.

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

TBH watercooling appeals to me not because of OCing as I'm bored with that these days as I would rather a stable pc, but the advantage of a quiet pc that watercooling offers does appeal a geat deal and will most likely form part of my next pc build.

or Zalman cooling options are another avenue as the CNPS7700-cu series is a nice cooler ( need a mobo compataible tho )

9. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

with a water cooled pc you have still the fans/radiator and the pump working even if the water is fed by gravity on the down stream.

10. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I agree no point,an aftermarket copper heatsink will do,it will make less noise than a pump and the fan blowing through a fine mesh radiator :)

11. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Having watercooling would be nice... It will keep your comp cooler than air, and it wont be as loud! Who cares about "extra money" ITS WORTH IT!!! If you wanna OC you can, if you dont want to, you dont have to! If you change processors YOU STILL HAVE WATERCOOLING, some heatsinks only allow certain socket types.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds