constant seriouse error recovery report

Discussion in 'Software' started by coboy, Sep 24, 2004.

1. coboy

coboy Private E-2

i was getting an error report a few months back that always read that the system had just recovered from a serious error, and then the comp got worse and worse until one day it just didnt boot properly.so then i just wiped the comp and reinstalled XP pro. the very first time that the comp rebooted the same error report came ip. this is what is in it:

>BCCode 1000008e, BCP1:c0000005, BCP2: F445f829, BCP3:84AFC734, BCP4:00000000, OSver: 5_1_2600,
    >SP:0_0, Product 256_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini 092404-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Melvin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3.tmp.dir00\s ysdata.xml

i have read that it could be that cpu is overheating or the ram is not functioning or going bad and comp is locking itself, but also read that it may be a device driver problem.

i am really stuck, i dont know what the hardware is the
    the cpu is a mobile intel pentium 4. 1.7 ghz, i dont know the rest of the hardware as it was given to me by the college, but i would prefer to fix it all myself if it is possible.

if anybody has ideas or had the sdame prob please help.
    coboy

2. simonk

simonk Corporal

i would say looking at that it is definatly a hardware fault and not a software fault
    srewdriver at the ready !!!!!!
    the first things that you can try are removing any pci cards you have (modem,sound,) one at a time and seeing if it will boot without these and so :ie driver card problem
    also try swaping your memory sticks around if you have spare the thing to remember is to try one thing at a time to see if you can isolate the problem at the moment
    next make sure all cables are firmly seated in place into your hd/ and floppy
    post back after you have tried this and tell us how you got on

3. coboy

coboy Private E-2

hey,
    thanks for the reply, i am having a real problem getting the cover off the laptop, so i think that i will leave it until it has served its purpose cus i need for networking over the next week or so, and then i will give it to the IT office in the college with the disk wiped.
    thanks a million for your help though, it is appreciated.
    coman

4. Xtrail

Xtrail Private E-2

If I Can Give You My Opinion It Can Be Software Drivers That Is Not Xp Friendly. I Had A Similar Problem With My Darla Card Drivers Some Time Ago. Try Uninstalling Your Drivers And Re-install One By One Until It Re-occurs. Sorry No Easy Way Out. Can Be One Of Many Things Unfortunately But Most Common Will Be Incorrect Drivers. Update All Your Drivers First Maybe That Will Help. It Resolved My Problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds