Constant wireless mouse lags

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gps08, Feb 23, 2015.

1. gps08

gps08 Private First Class

I just bought a new wireless mouse - Mazer II E-Blue Wireless Gaming Mouse EMS601. As soon as I connected it, my win 7 recognized it and it's up and running.

Now the issue is, the mouse cursor stops for a second then back to working constantly every 3 - 5 seconds. I can't understand what is causing this.

After a bit of research I found out the mouse wireless connection is at 2.4Ghz, which could be interfering with my wifi USB dongle. Well, it does not appear to be the issue.

What I've done so far:
    -Switched in between various USB ports.
    -Turned off wifi USB dongle (full disconnect from the system).
    -Moving the mouse closer to the receiver.
    -Connecting the receiver to a USB extension to bring it closer to the mouse (at one point the receiver was literally touching the mouse and still having cursor lag).
    -Restart computer.
    -Changed mouse batteries.

Nothing I've done worked so far as I'm not sure what's causing this issue. I've tried spamming the wheel up and down to see if it would lag out and stop scrolling for a second but it seems to be working just fine.
    Is the mouse a defect? Am I missing something here?

It comes with no drivers (only drivers I found was for the EMS602, mine is EMS601, would it make any difference if I installed it?) so I am really unsure.

Thank you for reading.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. gps08

gps08 Private First Class

I didn't even think about looking at others reviews on this POS they call a mouse. But most are the same exact issue I'm having.

Thanks.

I've contacted the shop where I bought it and issued a refund.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Before I hardware or software, I usually google the model or the program and read some reviews. That's helps me decide if I should buy it or not.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds