constantly reinstalling

Discussion in 'Software' started by evilroy, Nov 1, 2010.

1. evilroy

evilroy Private E-2

Hi, I see more then many have had or having problems with their Realtek audio, well +1. But my problem is different then the others I've read about. Like most with this problem, in control panel/sound and audio devices, it says "no audio devices". So I'll go to device manager, where too it says that everything is hunky-dory, but no. So I'll uninstall the Realtek HD audio, then scan plug and play and wallah, new hardware found, go through the process, re-installs the drivers and it works for a while, sometimes longer, then out of the blue, even when the computer is up and running, poof, no audio, it's like "what the???".

I'm running my sound off my Name Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM)
    "Sound Blaster" sound card. This also comes up non-existant under sound and audio devices but when I re-install the Realtek HD, the sound card comes back up, weird, but the weirdest is how constantly I have to reinstall the damn thing. I put the sound in the task bar and if theirs no sound and it's still there, cuz sometimes it dissappears when the sound does, it will say, "no mixer installed. I've also got a web-cam and a voice card installed. Better yet, here's what I've got rollin:

Now I don't know how this is going to look to you guys, typing it out doesn't list it like it show it on my screen, please let me know if you need any more info. You guys have a great reputation on the web and that's why I came here first. I'm 2 blocks away from the "nut house" on this one guys, any help would help me not feel like a nut...Evilroy...Slade that is.

Attached Files:

• Log.txt
      File size:
      28.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Looks as if you have two audio hardware cards or onboard (have you added the Creative Card?), if the BIOS do you have the option to disable the onboard audio? if so then uninstall the Realtek drivers from Add/Remove or Device Manager and then reboot and go straight into the BIOS and disable the onboard audio,

Does your Creative Audio work ok now (if it doesnt you may just need to re-install its driver again), with no popup to re-install the Realtek?

In Device Manager do you have any Yellow ! marks and if so by what devices?

Your Gigabyte Drivers are HERE for reference.

3. evilroy

evilroy Private E-2

Thanks, I feel pretty stupid because I did disable the azalia codec in bios but didn't uninstall the Realtek in control panel, I thought they were need for whatever, well that whatever was to be a pain in my ___. I hate it when someone makes something so easy that I can't figure out for so long, but, it won't happen again, at least on this matter. Really appreciate your help..Evilroy...Slade that is.

4. evilroy

evilroy Private E-2

Well, right you were again. No sound after something like 4 hours or so. And once again, there were no yellow flags in device manager. So I uninstalled the sound card and went to add/remove programs and removed all the creative software. Rebooted and then did a minimal install and left out all the extra junk that Creative is so famous for. Rebooted and so far, nothing bad but it's only been a couple of hours. I will update later today or tomorrow or next week, probably all three just because. Thanks again for the knowledge, you can never get enough.

5. evilroy

evilroy Private E-2

Well, here we go again. No sound device in sound/audio devices, no flags in device manager, but a new strange thing: the sounds work yet I'm hooked up through the sound card, and it's going off every 30 seconds or so. Halloween is over right? what the hey. When I did the last fresh install of the sound card, there were no pop-ups for the Realtek, to answer your question. I'll go ahead and wait for a reply before I do anything as far as reinstalling the drivers(again)...E

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds