cont. from malware support forum, ran TDSSKILLER

Discussion in 'Software' started by z3rokillz, Feb 8, 2011.

1. z3rokillz

z3rokillz Private E-2

As suggested by Chaslang, I downloaded TDSSKILLER and ran the program. I was unsure if I needed to disable my Norton again, so I ran it with Norton on. Attached is the log. Please let me know if I need to do anything else. Thanks for your help.

--------------------

Message from Chaslang - Your logs are clean. You may not be having malware problems. Try running the below scan and if it comes up clean, I suggest that you post in the Software Forum..

Download TDSSKiller from Kaspersky to your directly onto your Desktop
    Now double click the TDSSkiller.exe file to run it ( if using Vista or Windows 7 do not double click on it but rather, right click and select Run As Administrartor. )
    If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123tdk.com).
    If you do not see the file extension, please refer to: How to view hidden, system files & folders!
    Allow the application to run if prompted by Windows or any security programs you have installed
    It will start the scan and run rather quickly and will notify you of whether anything is found or not.
    Follow the instructions to delete/quarantine if asks you what to do when if finds something.
    Whether an infection is found or not, a log file should be created on your C: drive ( or whatever drive you boot from) in the root folder named something like TDSSKiller.2.1.1_27.12.2009_14.17.04_log.txt which is based on the program version # and date and time run. Please attach this log to your next reply. (See: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post )
    ---------------------------
    Message from Zerokillz - Computer freezing, Ran Removal Procedure

My family computer has been freezing and auto-rebooting for the past couple of days. I decided to run this malware removal process. With the exception of RootRepeal, I have conducted all scans and have attached the requested logs (The computer froze everytime I tried to run the Root Repeal program). When you have time, please review the attached logs. I appreciate your help.

Attached Files:

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

TDSSkiller log is clean, could you give us more detail on what your problems are?

3. z3rokillz

z3rokillz Private E-2

I apologize for the late response. I was out of town. This is my family's computer, and they have experienced freezing and auto-rebooting during their use of Internet Explorer or Firefox. When I attempted to do spyware scans, the computer would freeze several times. Fortunately, I was able to finish the scans and provide them to you guys thru the Spyware Removal Forum. I noticed that the Sidebar program was taking a lot memory and most likely contributed to the freezing. I suspected that it was some kind of spyware application that was causing the computer to freeze, but the scans came back clean.

I have always had the family user account under limited access. Satrow, since your last post, the computer froze once while using Google Maps. That is all I have for you. I hope you can help. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds