continous powerup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by languy99, Nov 2, 2006.

1. languy99

languy99 Corporal

i just installed IE7 last night and when i went to turn my computer off it goes though all of the usual stuff and i can hear the PSU click off, but once that happens it clicks right back on and restarts. It goes to fully load and works just fine, untill i try to shutdown again and does it again. It did not do this before the IE7 install do you guys think it has anything to do with it? does it have anything to do with the language bar it has installed becasue i did not have that before the install and i read here LINK under powerdown issues that this might have something to do with it, what do you guys think?

i also foudn this:

I have been able to solve the above problems:

1) I found out that CCleaner is not 100% compatible with IE 7, and that is
    causing the log-in glitch. CCleaner has been totally disabled, log-in info
    re-entered, and now it does not disappear after every reboot.
    2) I installed the Flash plug-in while using IE 6. Worked fine then, and
    also after upgrading to IE 7.
    3) I have no answer for this, other than PartyPoker works fine now.
    4) This procedure turns off ctfmon.exe:

Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages Tab,
    Click Details, Advanced Tab, Put a check in "Turn off advanced text
    services
    "
    and i remember that i ran Ccleaner right before shutting down do you think this might have something to do with it? thanks

2. languy99

languy99 Corporal

ok i fixed it it was something that IE7 installed called language bar that's part of Office XP, it started running after the install of IE7. once i turned it off the computer is working good. if anyone else is having this problem this is how to turn it off. go to Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Languages tab, Details, Advanced tab, click Turn Off Advanced Text Services. that permanently turns it off and my computer now shuts down fine. someone might want to link to this form the software board too, if you guys want

3. languy99

languy99 Corporal

never mind i though i fixed it but its still doing it. i though maybe it was the power supply but i changed it with another one i had and its still doing it. anyone got any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds