Continual loop on PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nickhenry, Sep 17, 2006.

1. nickhenry

nickhenry Private E-2

I recently inherited an IBM Netvista Pentium IV desktop.When switched on, the normal message "starting system" appears, but then it immediately reboots.This happens every time. It is not possible to get into the BIOS setup. What could the problem be? The system appears to be in very good condition. All suggestions welcome.

2. dogboy1000

dogboy1000 Private E-2

i am also having a similar problem. i am getting the startup bar in black and white across the bottom of the screen that appears after a system failure or automatic shutdown. it then prompts me as to how i would like to restart windows, but then proceeds to not be able to boot. the windows xp startup graphic comes up, but then it flashes to a screen that says to check for corruption of my c drive.... i tried my norton ghost recovery dvd, but same result.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

4. nickhenry

nickhenry Private E-2

Timw - key for bios is esc but this has no effect. Just enough time to see that bios is phoenix & then reboot.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds