Control Panel unused icons

Discussion in 'Software' started by wisaguy, May 24, 2009.

1. wisaguy

wisaguy Private E-2

Hi!....I'm new here and I already have a question::confused
    How to get rid of icon belonging to old programs in the Control Panel?...
    I'l appreciate any help on this matter.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Are these programs in your Add or Remove Programs list? If so, uninstall them. If not, you may need to do some registry cleaning. I suggest you try CCleaner. Be sure to run it's Registry scan and have CCleaner fix all issues found. CCleaner will prompt you to back up your registry before proceeding. Do so. If that doesn't change anything, let us know.

If you can post specific items that are in your Control Panel and you think should not be there, that would also be helpful to us in helping you.

3. wisaguy

wisaguy Private E-2

Thanks for your prompt respond usafveteran! ;)
    I did remove this particular program (MasterCam) already through "Add or Remove" , but the icon still shows in Control Panel.
    Should I mess with Registry to have it removed?....hmmmm, I don't feel safe in that terrain, know what I mean?

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds