Convert dvd

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dumbasastump, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Dumbasastump

Dumbasastump Private E-2

I want to convert a downloaded file to a dvd format so I can burn it on a dvd disc.
    When I look at the properties of the movie it is called a video clip.
    I have a converter called DVD Santa which nomally works a treat.Whenever I try to convert a video clip file with Santa I get an Unsupported Audio Stream message,

Has anyone got any ideas to help me sort this problem out please.
    Thanks very much.:confused:

2. 12quidkidinnit

12quidkidinnit Private First Class

Without trying it on the software you're using, it's hard to say for sure. But you could try converting it with some different software and try again. Maybe Magic Video Batch Converter (if it will convert this video file). If you were to convert it to AVI, would your software be able to handle it then ?

http://www.video-tool.com/

3. Dumbasastump

Dumbasastump Private E-2

Yes,DVD Santa will convert mpg,avi,and wmv files to a DVD format my trouble seems to be that a file entitled video clip is not recognised.By the way Windows media player will not open these types of files either.
    BUT!! I have the VLC media player which plays the files perfectly both sound and vision
    What properties VLC has got that WMV hasn't,I don't know.Has the Magic Batch Video Converter got a free trial so maybe I could try it out?.

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Get G-spot video information program. Unzip the file into a folder and run the program. Under file tab open the video file. Gspot should tell you what kind of codec is used to encode the movie. On the right hand side of the window in the status box it will tell you if you have the codec installed. If you don't have the codec installed DVD Santa and WMP can't use the file. VLC's codecs are self-contained so this may be why it works.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/GSpot.htm

5. Dumbasastump

Dumbasastump Private E-2

Hiya Sachs.I did as you said and in the status box it says I have the codec installed.It also tells me the name of the codec.It is an Xvid,name Xvid 1.0.3
    I tried again to use Santa but I still get an Unsupported Audio Stream message.
    Thank you for trying for me.I;m still stumped.
    Dumbasastump.

6. 12quidkidinnit

12quidkidinnit Private First Class

I sometimes get stuck trying to find a way of converting video into a format that I can edit with. I work through all the software I've got and see if anything will work. Sometimes nothing does.
    Yes, there is a free 30 day trial of Magic Video batch converter.
    If this doesn't work, one that sometimes does, is Sony Vegas. I don't know if there's a free trial of that.
    Another one that sometimes opens things that even Adobe Premiere won't, is Broderbund Movieshop. I bought this on eBay last year. As video editing applications go, it's quite good for what it is, and it was quite cheap as well (like $9 or something)

7. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try gspot again and in the bottom left check out your status on the audio codecs.

8. Dumbasastump

Dumbasastump Private E-2

Hi Sach,
    I just went there and the following is word for word what it said.
    Codec 0X0055 mpeg-1 layer 3
    Info 48000hz 115kb/s TOT.Joint Sterio
    Stat codec(s) installed.

It still won't get past the unsupported audio stream messsage when I try to convert.

9. Dumbasastump

Dumbasastump Private E-2

To both Sach 2 and Twelvekidinnit.
    Thank you both for your efforts to help me.Yippee!! on my travels round Google and after a few trial and errors,I found a program called Total Video Converter that solved my problem and converted the file to an mpeg.DVD Santa will convert this to a dvd format.
    So thanks again and have a great Xmas both of you.
    Dumbasastump.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds