Convert Mp4 To Avi (pcm Or Adpcm)for Epson Projector

Discussion in 'Software' started by dalkiel, Mar 16, 2017.

1. dalkiel

dalkiel Private First Class

Hi

Is there any software that will convert mp4 files to avi so that my Epson projector will play them?
    I tried using VLC to convert to avi but the file didn't play. Could be that I dint select the right recipe Handbrake no longer supports avi converts and freemake had malware bundled into it so i chose not to install. I can connect up to PC but I'm trying to work off an USB drive so i don't have to carry a PC around. I checked the android app for Epson (for use with a smartphone) but several users have been having issues with it so i opted out for now.

Apparently only avi files are supported and the file should not be:

• Saved with an audio codec other than linear PCM or ADPCM

• Above 1280 × 720 resolution

• Larger than 2GB

How to check if the avi file is PCM or ADPCM?
    The files I checked don't show this info in properties.

Any suggestiions. Thanks in advance

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

dalkiel likes this.
  3. Jiri Richter

Jiri Richter Private E-2

Sorry to dig graves here, but I got my hands on an EPSON projector and had to make some video play directly from USB, using the "PC Free" feature (as they call it).

I converted it to a working file using mencoder on Ubuntu.

The command to convert my mp4 file (but the input format doesn't matter too much) was:

Code:
    mencoder input.mp4 -o output.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg -oac copy -vf scale=1280:720
    There are two generations of Epson PC free, 2nd can handle more video formats but the command above will make it work with all of them.

1st gen docs: https://files.support.epson.com/doc...erence/pcfree_filetype_list_single_table.html
    2nd gen docs: https://files.support.epson.com/htm...ference/pcfree_filetype_list_multi_table.html

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Jiri...this thread is from 2017. Doubt the OP is still around.

5. Jiri Richter

Jiri Richter Private E-2

I know - but since I had the same issue and found this thread by googling, I figured it is as useful as leaving a note for a random passerby, not necessarilly for the OP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds