Convert SVCD to DVD (free software)

Discussion in 'Software' started by JeffGoodySr, Dec 2, 2014.

1. JeffGoodySr

JeffGoodySr Private E-2

I have 'old' SVCD's that I want to convert to DVD's. Is there a free, easy to use program that will allow me to do this conversion?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

If MA's recommendation doesn't satisfy you, you can try this:

Open your SVCD in Windows Explorer. There will be a folder named MPEG2. In that folder will be your video files named AVSEQ**.mpg, the ** denoting a number sequence. Drag any of those you prefer into a DVD-Video burning program of your choice. You can directly open the files to preview them in whatever media player you use if there are several to choose from.

If you go this route, I prefer DVD Flick: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/dvd_flick.html

4. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

I used to love this program, but it hasn't been updated in years and I can run it and sometimes it will take 15 hours to complete or other times get 3/4 through the conversion and fail.

What has been your recent experience with this program?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds