Convert TIF to JPEG or GIF

Discussion in 'Software' started by dmmcintyre, May 1, 2008.

1. dmmcintyre

dmmcintyre Private E-2

Looking for a program to covert a scaned picture TIF to JPEG or GIF

2. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Can't this be done with MS Paint?

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Yup.

4. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

I like to install the freeware IrfanView it handles some of the strange file formats I run accross. It also has a few cool funtions like thumbnail view and a slideshow function. Not to mention I have also used it to create contact sheets with a bunch of thumbnails on one page at work.

The latest version 4.10 comes with some google adware attached but you can choose to not install it. There is also a file association screen that lets you decide what files irfanview will open by default, and since I also use photoshop I usually click the pictures only button (IView has associations for audio and video too) and then remove the ones I want photoshop to open (jpeg,bmp,psd etc). But you can go thru them one at a time too and can change them later under IrfanViews Options tab.

Its a really sweet program, I usually send the author ten bucks every few years to show my appreciation, and he tells me when a new version comes out. Its for viewing and converting but not for editing, you need an editing app if you want to do that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds