Convert Youtube To Mp3

Discussion in 'Software' started by squeek, May 3, 2017.

1. squeek

squeek Private E-2

I had one of these but it got hacked and put malware on my computer.
    I tried a few others and the same things happened.
    Went on here and downloaded a 'human converter' or whatever it said and my computer said that it was infected too....
    My question: is there a safe converter that I can use to convert youtube to mp3 so I can listen to these things on my device...
    thank you so much
    very much tech challenged... *smile*
    squeek

2. squeek

squeek Private E-2

thank you in advance:)

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You haven't named any of the programs you say you have used, or tried to use, and whether or not you downloaded them from Major Geeks, or what Operating System (including any Service Pack if installed) you are using. That is all crucial information.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

By the way, if the 'Human C9nverter' program you mentioned is this one, then it rates as clean on Virus Total and when scanned with 4 different Malware/AV programs, so your system is giving you FALSE positives but as you haven't given any system specs we don't know why:
    MediaHuman Audio Converter

5. squeek

squeek Private E-2

yes, that was the one that I tried and got real scared...

6. squeek

squeek Private E-2

operating system? microsoft.... um 8.1 is that what you mean? as I said I'm not down this road often... o_O

7. squeek

squeek Private E-2

okay will try again
    thank you :)

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

What security software do you have on that system that is detecting malware in that program?
    I have Windows 10 and even the Windows Smart Screen security filter is not flagging it.
    To be honest you are not giving enough information.

9. squeek

squeek Private E-2

webroot
    sorry I'm not very good at this tech stuff...
    I downloaded the media human again and tried to put in the youtube and it is trying to download the whole video...just want the audio... and it goes on and on and never gets it...
    must be something I'm doing wrong...

10. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

11. squeek

squeek Private E-2

sorry, not trying to be difficult... just don't understand sometimes

12. squeek

squeek Private E-2

I tried the first one again the media human and it circled around for a half hour and never stopped... ?
    I don't know what I did wrong...
    it uploads the youtube I'm on and then starts to load and then I waited ...it played and then was into the third song when I got tired of waiting for it to load...

13. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

14. squeek

squeek Private E-2

okay, I''ll try this one also...

15. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

No need to apologize for not understanding. Ask as many questions as you need to.
    I also use Freemake and have not had any issues with it and it is easy to use.

16. squeek

squeek Private E-2

I just downloaded the freemake and my computer stopped it and shut down and removed it...
    I was very scared as they said there were 13 threats....
    I still have the mediahuman on my computer but so far have not figured out how it works...

17. Anon-9aee479f8f

Did you download it from Major Geeks using the link Imandy Mann provided? All software downloads on Major Geeks have been tested and are safe to download.
    What program is telling you there are threats? What Anti-Virus program are you running? Anti-Malware program?

18. squeek

squeek Private E-2

I think it is my anti virus...
    webroot...

19. Imandy Mann

edit -delete- double post Don't know how that happened.

20. Imandy Mann

I just downloaded and installed from the link. No warnings. I did a custom install and unchecked the 2 other software offerings that were presented.
    I searched google using Opera for "Feeling Alright". Top of the list was Joe Cocker's version. I clicked to it and then copied the address bar and went back to freemake and selected the 'paste url' and on the bottom on the ribbon clicked 'mp3'

Got a good mp3 with no hassels. It works.

21. Anon-9aee479f8f

Did you download Freemake from Major Geeks?
    I have no personal experience with Webroot but I suspect it is giving you a false positive. As I mentioned before all downloads on Major Geeks have been tested and are safe.

22. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

It seems Webroot is giving you too many false positives.
    A possible solution might be to update the program.

Until you have sorted out that, try this online converter that's free, fast and very easy to use.
    https://greenmp3.com/

23. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Webroot software programs for home use are NOT ever free.
    If the annual charge is not made, it wont update its core program or engine ever.
    If it is not updated, for its definitions, every day which looks unlikely via the auto method unless the subscription is still valid, then it has to be updated manually. If not you get false positives.
    Webroot doesn't even appear in the most reputable AV test site (av comparatives) results, so I wouldn't use it.

As you appear to be on Windows 8.1, either remove Webroot fully and cleanly and just rely on Windows Defender, or get one of the decent free programs such as Comodo, Avira, Avast or BitDefender FREE versions from here on MG.

You previously were using XP, prior to 8.1, and you have been posting here for nearly 10 years so you need to get used to using a Computer as it is not a Microwave, Washing machine or TV.

Eldon likes this.
  24. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Imandy Mann and Eldon like this.
  25. Imandy Mann

Thanks for the info and link!

26. squeek

squeek Private E-2

I tried the greenmp3 as it looked like something simple I used to use...
    this is what I got...Error: Video download failed. Please, try again.

27. squeek

squeek Private E-2

I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions.... but I'm feeling discouraged...
    but still very thankful for all the help and advice I've received here...

28. squeek

squeek Private E-2

I just tried another song...and it worked!! so some of my stuff for some reason must be blocked?
    thank you so much... the green converter seems to be working... I'm so happy!!:):D:)

29. squeek

squeek Private E-2

this is the best site for help anywhere...thank you:)
    two thumbs up :):D:)

Imandy Mann likes this.
  30. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

That's great. Does that mean you that you have now fixed the problem with your Webroot Security, either by making sure your user licence for it is up to date and it has been fully updated - to avoid all those false positives - or removed it and replaced it with something more effective?

31. squeek

squeek Private E-2

yes it is up to date...
    the geek squad recommended it to us and we trusted them...
    I had no idea that it was not the best out there. we had norton for years ;and never a problem but then people told me it was not the best either...
    next time it comes for renewal, we will have to think about changing to something else...
    thank you

32. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Geek Squad would recommend it, as it is a paid for subscription, it is their job to persuade the unaware and ill-advised to get their money out, and GS almost certainly get a commission when a user like you goes along with it.

It can't be any good if it isn't reviewed by AV Comparatives, and gave you all those totally FALSE warnings, despite you saying it is 'up to date'.

Norton & McAfee are both bloated non-recommended programs, not free - they install them on branded systems because they pay commission to the system builders to do that. And consumers walking around stores like PC World are fooled into buying them.
    No one with any knowledge or experience here on MG would ever recommend you use any of those programs for good reason. So if you think MG is good here, listen to it.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  33. squeek

squeek Private E-2

yes, I will reconsider.....thank you

34. Gaming Insider

Gaming Insider Private First Class

Hello, in terms of online Youtube to MP3 converter sites, I would try one of the 2. They have almost always worked for me. Also, when #1 doesn't work, I go to #2 and when #2 doesn't work, I go to #1

#1 - http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ - This website has been in a long legal battle lately, but seems to stay strong online.

#2 - http://www.flvto.biz/ - This one has an app on the Windows Store you can download if you don't want to use the website

On the topic of Anti Virus, I stopped letting Best Buy "suggest" which one to buy years ago and have stuck with using the free version of Avast (Last used it about 2 months ago), and have been using Avira Free lately. Have not had any major problems over the years with either of them.

Webroot also recently got in trouble for releasing a botched file that a lot of business and some regular users had downloaded that caused their Windows installs to get borked. Fixing it has become a royal pain for some.

[​IMG]
    Source - https://arstechnica.com/security/20...down-as-update-nukes-hundreds-of-legit-files/

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Eldon likes this.
  35. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You'd get much better advice here than from the Geek Squad. I only recommend The Geek Squad for computer advice to my enemies!

HumbleServant1611 and MaxTurner like this.
  36. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

The formerly famous singer Gary Glitter took his PC to PC World's Geek Squad in 1997. They weren't able to repair as they are mostly useless, but from what they found on it he, fortunately, ended up in Prison! ;)

37. Gaming Insider

He admitted to CP in '99, got 4 months, later lived in Vietnam, got 3 years for assault, just got 16 years in '15 for assaults that happened 3 decades ago.

38. squeek

squeek Private E-2

I did not know these things... so I guess I'm at risk now for lots of stuff. Unfortunately I already paid up...

39. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

The money you paid for Webroot is gone now, so just put it down to experience.

What you can now do is cleanly uninstall Webroot, restart your system, and then replace it with something more effective which is free.

Security software that is highly recommended here on Major Geeks are these programs:
    Comodo Internet Security Free
    Avira Free Antivirus
    Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition
    Avast! Free Antivirus

They are all well reviewed.

If you do decide to replace Webroot, then the below details are the best way to remove Webroot fully and cleanly before installing a replacement. This is important so no traces are left behind that may cause conflicts with a new program. There is no specific Webroot removal tool so the following should be done.
    1. To uninstall Webroot fully the best way is to use a free uninstaller program that searches for left over entries. A very good free too is Revo Uninstaller FREE 2.0.3 (make sure you choose the FREE version download link, not the PRO version.)
    2. Firstly, shut down Webroot. You may need to end any processes for Webroot in Task Manager first.
    3. Launch Revo, then find Webroot in the list of programs click on Webroot so that it is highlighted, then in the top bar menu choose 'Uninstall'. It will first create a system restore point, then it will begin the uninstall. When the standard uninstall has completed, this screen will appear and you should choose the ADVANCED option, then click to scan, then in the results select all to delete.
    Untitled.jpg
    Once this has finished you should now RESTART your system.

You are now ready to install a replacement security program of your choice.
    When installing any of them choose 'CUSTOM' install and look at the windows VERY carefully to UNCHECK any options such as changing your internet search engine, Home page, or other offers that are not for the program itself.

If you have any queries with any steps in the above just ask.

40. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do you need an app/software to do this or will online converter do as I use this one http://convert2mp3.net/en/ never had issues with it and does give good quality MP3s

41. squeek

squeek Private E-2

thank you for all the great responses... I'm using that green converter and it works the way I'm used to... the other ones I have stored up just in case something gets hacked again...

I am seriously considering getting rid of the webroot after what you have told me and all the problems... I'm saving all your instructions and links.... years ago I used to have AVG for a while and also had it on my phone... seems nothing lasts forever these days and I'm not one to stay on top of things... life is very busy...

thanks again...:)

42. Gaming Insider

You're very welcome. A little note about AVG, they are now owned by Avast - http://www.pcworld.com/article/3092...-merger-avast-offers-1-3-billion-for-avg.html - There has been no word (that I can find) on what, or if AVG as an anti-virus solution will be going away or not.

43. squeek

squeek Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds