Converting Music file types

Discussion in 'Software' started by anthony_and1, Jul 10, 2005.

1. anthony_and1

anthony_and1 Private E-2

I know it's been asked before, but what should I use to convert audio files from .wma to mp3? I tried CDex, but it wants you to rip the songs off of CDs. I just want to use current audio files saved on my harddrive. Is there any way to do this, or do you have to rip them in order to do it?

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You can just use goldwave if you like. Just open the wma file then select file save as and pick the format you want to save too and the bitrate. There are tons of programs that can do it. Goldwave is free and it's actually an editor but it can do this too.

Although just so you know both wma and mp3 files are lossy so each time you save or convert them they'll loose a little more quality.

3. anthony_and1

anthony_and1 Private E-2

I downloaded Goldwave, and it did exactly what I wanted. Thanks Coco for your help! :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds