Cookies will not delete

Discussion in 'Software' started by neamhni, Jun 18, 2007.

1. neamhni

neamhni Private E-2

i did a quick search but couldn't find anything that applied; sorry if this is a repeat.
    i've deleted through Internet Options.
    i've deleted manually at C;\Document and Setting\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files.
    i've run AdAware, Spybot, CCleaner, CounterSpy, NoAdware, AVG Spyware, AVG and Hijack This.
    i have turned of System Restore.
    i have run all these programs in normal mode AND safemode.

When i delete the files directly from the folder, i am not prompted to say yes to deleting them, or to sending them to the Recycle Bin. They do not go to the Recycle Bin, but the folder appears empty. After about 30 minutes. ALL of the files reappear WITH NO BROWSING. This includes extremely irritating popups- without ever having opened a browser. i can literally let the system sit there for 30 minutes with NO activity and suddenly get a popup- check the TIF folder and all the cookies have reappeared.

Running WinXP SP2. i am cleaning this machine for someone else, and am going to recommend not using IE anymore, but before then, i need to get rid of all this crap that keeps reappearing.

How do i PERMANENTLY delete all the Temporary Internet Files?

Thanks in advance for any help- i'm a long time lurker, first time poster, so i know how awesome you guys are.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds