:cool: Image Editing Software for FREE!

Discussion in 'Software' started by training4life, Mar 31, 2006.

1. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Any suggestions of an Image Editing Software for free? One that has features like Adobe Photoshop... But the thing is that software is for free. Also can't it be safe... No adware or what-so-ever..

2. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Oh! Also... Please give me an Animation Software that is Freeware...

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

You may want to investigate Photo Pos Lite image editor. And what are you after when you say "animation software"? You want an animated gif program?

4. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Does it have a Animation Software... You know that one that allows you to make Animation?

5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Again, you're going to have to be more specific!
    What do you mean by 'Animation Software'? That's too broad a term. Do you want to arrange still images into a stop-motion animation? Do you want to render 3-D models that move? What?

6. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Yeah.. That's right! An Animataiong gif program!

7. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Not 3D actually.. The ones that will allow you to make basic moving images... I'm sorry... Don't really know the right terms!

8. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Heh, not to worry.

Have a look at this link!

9. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Well.. Just post any suggested program... I need to see which is the best! :)

10. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2006
  11. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Paint.NET is another free photoshop type program for image editing, supports layers, similar effects to PS etc

or XNView which is very feature rich.

12. training4life

training4life Sergeant

I also need Animation Maker Program... Please suggest a good one...

13. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Please suggestion a program that has everything I need...

* Can make simple animation
    * Can be usefull in designing image
    * Has features that PhotoShop has
    * Has NO ADWARE OR ANY THIRD PARTIES OR WHAT-SO-EVER
    * Download file is not so big

Ok?

14. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Closest one that ticks all those boxes is as posted by md2lgyk is GIMP, guess you didnt bother to check that programs features?

There is also a tutorial to basic animation on the GIMPs home site, click "Author" page in the link in md2lgyk's post above.

Photo editing with PS features and an Animation app are two different fields of design and there maybe close software as in GIMP, but being "The best" then separate software would be the way to go, ok you have to use 2 apps opposed to 1 but you may get better results in the end.

15. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Seperate softwares will do... :D So? More suggestions?

16. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Also.. I'm checking all of it... But the thing is... I'm not really sure which is the right one to download.

17. theefool

theefool Geekified

Then download them all, and give them all a shot.

I prefer photoshop, but, someone else may prefer paint.net or some other program.

We all have certain criteria that needs to be satisfied. What works for one, may not work for others. We are doing our best, with your needs, so, please be patient.

18. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

19. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Well, I'll try them all! Thanks anyways!

20. training4life

training4life Sergeant

The Gimp would not do... It requires you so many things!

21. training4life

training4life Sergeant

Hey... WHat is .NEt .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)? And... GTK+ 2 Runtime Environment?

22. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

23. training4life

training4life Sergeant

In the GImp, do I really need to make my 1024 x 786 my display properties... Mine is only 800 x 600.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds