Cooling for Pixelview 6600GT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OPTIMIZER, Jan 14, 2005.

1. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Private E-2

Hi guys, I finally became a member after reading and getting fascinated bout vga's and cpu's.

here is my question: I purchased a prolink pixelview 6600GT and I would like to cool it and less noisier. in fact it is better, much better the Anandtech had, cause he had a broken one...:)

anyway I appreciate it in advance

sincerelly

Opt.

2. mudshot

mudshot Private First Class

What ever you decide to do keep the original parts in case you need to return it before the warrenty is up.

3. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Private E-2

thanx mudshot

4. elementkid07

elementkid07 Private First Class

YES!!!!!!!!!! listen to him...i have a 6800gt and thought it would be cool to bend the prongs on the heatsink into something cool and then throw it away...little did i know while waiting for my nv silencer 5 to come my card broke now im gona buy another one and switch and return

5. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Private E-2

just to let you guys know: running idle on p4 560 with pixelview 6600gt = 46C and stressed = 58C
    not overclocked 8156 3dMark03

What do you think?

Thanx

6. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Private E-2

update:

dual heatsink of zalman (model80) on my 6600gt : I cannot hear my vga card anymore :D

idle temps 42 and stressed 48

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds