Copy of Outlook Required to Retrieved Emails

Discussion in 'Software' started by axelbrora, Sep 6, 2008.

1. axelbrora

axelbrora Private E-2

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Outlook to import my PST email files from my flash drive then import them into Windows Mail now that I have upgraded to Vista?

I have been advised this is the only way to get the emails transferred into Windows Mail and that Outlook must be on my computer.

I tried downloading the Outlook 2007 Trial for this purpose as I have seen suggested, however despite Microsoft advertising an Outlook 2007 Trial the download button takes you to the full Office 2007 Trial. This is a 635MB download. I decided I had no choice and downloaded the lot with the intention of only installing Outlook. When I ran the setup programme then the customised install, unbelieveably the only programme not available to install was Outlook which was crossed out on the list of programmes. Presumably this is to stop you doing what I was trying to do with the trial version.

Outlook 2003 was on my compuer when I bought it and I do not have any installation disks. I cannot believe that the only way to get my saved emails into Windows Mail is to buy a full version of Microsoft Office!

There must be a workaround for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Axel

2. olestros

olestros Private E-2

Did you just CnP the .pst file or did you do a full export in the outlook client? If you did a CnP, you'll need an outlook client to open it up as it has a bunch of outlook application data in the file.

What you can do is go to an internet cafe that has outlook:
    1) copy your .pst over and add that data file to that outlook
    2) close and reopen the client then go to file menu -> import and export
    3) Select "export a file" option then use whatever format your new browser supports. Comma Seperated Values (.csv) is the most common format to use.
    4) Copy that .csv ( or whatever) file to your new flash drive.
    5) Delete the old .pst from the internet cafe computer as you don't want other people to see your mail.
    6) Go home and import that file.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds