copy or transfer of address book

Discussion in 'Software' started by eigenvalue, Jul 13, 2007.

1. eigenvalue

eigenvalue Sergeant

how do i do this ???

i can't find how in any "Windows for dummies" book

i did this a few years ago (when bought a 2nd PC), but now i've bought a 3rd PC, and forgot how i transfered or copied the address book from the 1st PC, into the 2nd PC, so, therefore, can't transfer or copy the address book in the 2nd PC into the 3rd PC---my address book keeps growing (around 600 e mail addresses as of today, 7-13-07)

there is something involved in some WAB file or extension, but what i do not know

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

3. eigenvalue

eigenvalue Sergeant

thank you lev

but will that work for Outlook Express 6.0, and 7.0 ??

after i read your reply i looked in the Microsoft knowledge database, and got a different reply (for Outlook 6.0) with csv files, and other stuff--looks complicated, and i don't believe i did that between the 1st and 2nd PCs

it also took some struggling to reply here, as i kept getting, from Major Geeks, a request to register, and various "could nots", or "may nots" below

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds