Copying Bootable Hdds

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lesdowich@gmail.com, Nov 8, 2011.

1. lesdowich@gmail.com

lesdowich@gmail.com Private E-2

I have one external HDD holding images and that is bootable. I have four more external HDDs which I want to clone the first one onto using Windows 7. I have tried a few programs including the one I used to clone thumbies in XP. So far it has not worked and frustration is setting in. Any ideas, suggestions or work arounds whould be greatly appreciated.

REgards
    Les

2. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

EaseUS todo may work

3. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

If at least one of the drives (master or target) is a Seagate, you can download and install Seagate's Disc Wizard software for free at Seagate's web site.

Disc Wizard is basically a stripped down version of Acronis True Image. I've used it to clone drives and have never had a problem. It's also extremely easy to use.

Hope this helps. :)

4. lesdowich@gmail.com

lesdowich@gmail.com Private E-2

Thankyou for the prompt reply. I downloaded the iso and will give it a go.
    Regards
    Les

5. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

PS Change your username to something that isn't your email address. You are laying yourself open to phishing and other such abuse. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds