Core frequency question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jawa Slayer, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Hi,
    I've been looking at laptop Dual Core Processors and I have a question about frequencies. Intel have two Dual Core processors which seem to be quite similar but are $100 different in price.

a) The Intel Core Duo T2050 has a frequency of 1600MHz, a FSB of 533MT/s, a Multiplier of x12 and a Voltage of 0.762/1.3 V. Price: $140 USD.

b)The Intel Core Duo T2300 has a frequency of 1666MHz, a FSB of 667MT/s, a Multiplier of x10 and a Voltage of 0.762/1.3 V. Price: $241 USD.

Why is it preferable to have a higher FSB and lower multiplier? As far as I know, in a laptop you wouldn't normally overclock the processor which is usually what you would want a higher FSB for, right?

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

3. AMD Pro

AMD Pro Private E-2

I don't care what Intel you have, but you MUST get AMD. It's much better!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Please read this To Those Offering Help To Others

If you cannot stay on topic then do not post, here we stick to the topic and do not give a monkeys to if AMD or Intel are the better CPU.. couldnt care less as its all hearsay hype, both do equally a good job... I have both and see not major differences in the REAL world performances and I discount the benchmark hoo ha nonsence.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds