Core2DUO SLOW!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by corkcomputers, Dec 2, 2006.

1. corkcomputers

corkcomputers Private E-2

Hi Lads

I built a pc a few weeks ago for myself and really only got around to looking at this problem now but it has been driving me mad for weeks.

I have a core2duo E6600 with a gaming motherboard and 2 GB of ram, I notice this problem mostly when I try to copy cd or dvd's the computer slows down - so much that if there was a windows alert sound usually (half second long) the pc would drag it out to about 3 seconds and if I had music playing it would go into that slow slow deep voice if you know what I mean.

I tried changing drives, cables, jumpers and now I have just a dvd rom on and playing a cd and every now and then its has a slow spot...

Anybody have any ideas??? Battle Field 2 is calling but its better in my 3 year old P4 2.8 with 1GB ram!!!

John
    Cork Computers.ie

Intel Core2 E6600
    Gigabyte 965P-DS4
    2GB DDR2 PC2-4300 Corsair
    XP Pro

2. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

I dunno if this has to do with you, but I had issues with my DVD because I had no idea that i should use an HDD IDE cable. Is this possibly whats happening to you? because that would slow you you down, or not work at all. just a thought..good luck
    Jaza:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds