corel photo album is agressive on startup

Discussion in 'Software' started by rob0, Mar 8, 2008.

1. rob0

rob0 Private E-2

Whenever I log on to the computer, windows installer starts running and it turns into an updater or installer for corel photo album 6. I cannot get rid of it with the cancel button. It cannot run it's course because it requests a CD I either do not have or cannot find. It just keeps coming back until I use the task manager to get rid of it. This drastically slows down startup. How do I get rid of this.

It started because after I disabled msconfig for the malware removal forum.

Also, due to combofix, the clock on the computer is stuck in military time. I cannot find an option to switch it back.

I asked these over in the malware forum, but it's a bit backed up over there and I'm repeating these questions over here since they aren't really malware questions.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I assume you are running XP. To reset the clock:
    Control Panel -> Regional Settings -> click on the Time tab and choose the format h:mm:ss tt

For Corel photo album, open the program and see if there is a setting to check for updates. If so, turn it off.

3. rob0

rob0 Private E-2

It will now take me a while to get back to working on this computer because for the next couple of months, I will have access to it only on weekends.

The time is fixed. Thankyou.

before reading your response about a week ago, I thought I could fix the problem simply by uninstalling corel photo album. I don't know that that anyone used it.

Doing this only shifted the problem. Now when I log on, the installation window is for "Sonic Activation Module".

Someone suggested that I use windows install cleanup, but I don't know whether this will disable something that I need and I don't know that I have the backup disks. Someone lost a lot of our backup disks and it has cheesed me off.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds