Correct monitor colors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ndnprincesss, Jun 30, 2005.

1. ndnprincesss

ndnprincesss Private E-2

Hi guys, I've looked everywhere I can think of before asking this. I'm wondering if there is some way to make sure I have "standard" color on my monitor. I just got a new one and it doesn't look just right to me. I make personal websets for ppl, and I'm wondering if the color on my old monitor was off a bit...or this new one...Cuz things sure do look different. Hope this question isn't too silly for ya'll.

Thanks Jena :)

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

What is the name and model of your monitor?Did you get a cd with the monitor,did you install any drivers for it?In what ways does it look different?
    In control panel>display>setting>advanced>color management>is there any profile allready set?

3. ndnprincesss

ndnprincesss Private E-2

The brand name id KOGI Model L7CH-TA
    You can see it here.
    There wasn't a cd with it. It just installed itself. I have XP home.
    I don't know about drivers, and I'm not sure where to look.
    The manual that came with it is useless, and so it their website.
    There is NO profile...it is just blank.

The color is just drab on some things and just plain wrong on others.

Here's an example. This was done when i had the old monitor. The colors were browns-yellows/golds. With this new monitor its all shades of green. That's what got me thinking the old one may have been off and I didn't want to adjust this one to look like my old one is it was wrong.

I've read and read about calibration and color profiles etc. I just got lost somewhere in the midst of $$$ signs :(

(From everything I've read and done so far, I can't find a "color balance - white point" that can be adjusted. The default has all colors at their highest setting. ick Just the basics to play with)

Thanks in advance for any help.........Jena

4. Anon-068c403e2d

That site is a bit all shades of green to me too.What about other images?

5. ndnprincesss

ndnprincesss Private E-2

Ewwww, ok this was a mauve (dusty pink) now its lavender to me.
    The second set on this page was baby pink, now its almost white.
    The mad face below here in the post icons, also the Y (yahoo) icon on this page is more hot pink.
    Here's someone elses. The frame on the top picture used to be gold. Now it's greenish.
    Really bright colors like these cycle parts just look like the picture is too bright. But adjusting that doesn't help the ones that look green.
    Is there maybe a place where you can get color profiles already made? Like maybe microsoft and I just can't find them?

Thanks for your time,
    Oh so lost....Jena lol

6. Anon-068c403e2d

7. ndnprincesss

ndnprincesss Private E-2

I tried the little program you suggested and another couple I'd found on the web. I got nearly the same results with all of them. My picture is at least bold and colorful now, and I know some familiar images are right (yahoo's Y icon etc) My own graphics are very close to what they were on my old monitor. Except this one....which is still really green :rolleyes: *baffling* But since it was the last page I made and my monitor was going maybe I should assume it was in worse shape than I thought.

Thank you for your time and assistance. Jena ;)

8. Anon-068c403e2d

9. AMDxp

AMDxp N5638J's #2 Fan!

they are correct on my monitor, they are the colours you say they are meant to be i have IIYAMA Prolite E380S TFT. IT is most definately your new monitor, can you adjust the colour settings at all on it, if its too green, reduce the green component slightly till it all matches up :) and definately try and get the correct colour profile for your monitor. if you right click a non icon part of your desktop and goto Properties > Settings , is your monitor listed as the correct "monitor" on "graphics card" or does it say "default monitor" or "plug and play monitor" in display settings? try Driver.Com to see if they have any drivers for your monitor, they are FREE (may have pop up adverts though on the site im not sure as i use a pop up blocker)

10. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

Do you check Vga cabe is seated to VGA card or not?
    At some monitor You can adjust color by monitor buttons base on Red, Blue Green, or if your VGA card support adjusting in "Property display".

11. ndnprincesss

ndnprincesss Private E-2

Hmmm....first of all to AMD, are you saying that this one is browns and golds? If so, that gives me a little more information while trying to adjust this thing. There are no drivers for this that I can find, and it says "plug and play monitor"

I can adjust all colors (RGB) from buttons on front of the monitor or in the Graphics Controller properties. My problem is just because it looks one way on my puter doesn't mean it will look the same on others. Slightly different....no problem. From gold to green!!! ICK!

I was just hoping there was some kind of "standard" settings I guess. Some way to be relatively sure that what I see is comparable to what ya'll see.

Thanks u guys......Still tryin' Jena :confused:

12. Anon-068c403e2d

I dont think there is anything like a standard color profile,because the os cannot know how the color ends up on the screen and the difference is due to the monitor.This is why monitor manufacturers have to make color profile.

13. ndnprincesss

ndnprincesss Private E-2

YAY, That's what I'm looking for. I would think manufacturers must give some kind of profile (standard or guideline, I didn't know the correct terminology) And I can't find that anywhere, and since no cd came with this I guess my next move should be to contact the manufacturer huh. This I will do after the 4th.

Happy Holidays ya'll...........Jena ;)

14. AMDxp

AMDxp N5638J's #2 Fan!

Your welcome :cool:

15. AMDxp

AMDxp N5638J's #2 Fan!

by the way i did a little investigation for you and went str8 to the KOGI website, the issue you mention is commented here. here is the response they give:-

4. What does it mean when I get green or red colors on my screen?
    This is caused by one of two issues:
    1) Check the VGA cable connection between the computer and LCD. Remove and re-attach both ends of the VGA cable, making sure that it is screwed in securely into place.
    2) Adjust the colors using the LCD on-screen menu. This process is outlined in your User's Manual accompanying your LCD. The process varies slightly between models, but generally speaking you will make a color adjustment using your On-Screen menu. First bring up the On-Screen menu by pressing the appropriate button on the front of the LCD monitor, scroll to locate the color adjustment menu (select [Color]), and then increase or decrease the levels of each color to your preference.

9. Where do I locate the drivers to run the LCD monitor?
    KOGI LCD monitors are plug and play, meaning that they do not require a particular software driver to operate. The first time you connect the LCD to the computer and turn everything on, Windows may look for a driver. It should automatically select the Windows Plug and Play driver. This has been verified on Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, ME and NT.

have a look yourself if your still unsure :) http://www.4kogi.com/tech.htm#an4
    hope this helps :)

16. ndnprincesss

ndnprincesss Private E-2

After trying everything, it was suggested I bring the monitor back and it was promply replaced with a new one which works great. I just got a call from the store and they told me that indeed there was something wrong with the monitor. sheeeeeeesh :eek:

Thanks bunches....Jena

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds