Corrupt driver? (iaStor.sys attached)

Discussion in 'Software' started by On edge, Oct 4, 2008.

1. On edge

On edge Corporal

Hi! Could anyone tell me if the attached driver has gone bad? (copy/paste part2 to part1 and rename without the the ".part1.txt" extension)

I tried to build a better boot CD from my original Win XP/SP2 Pro installation CD using Bart's PE Builder, but it failed because of a "missing iaStor.sys file." I then used a freeware program from MG (AutoStreamer) to upgrade my original Windows installation CD to SP3, and tried that with the PE Builder. It worked, but iaStor.sys file included on that new boot CD is different size than the one in my c:\windows\system32\drivers folder. The "new" one is 277784 bytes, which is a standard size according to http://www.file.net/process/iastor.sys.html. The old one is 304,920 bytes, which is not one of the normal sizes listed by file.net.

Mormally I'd just overwrite the old one with the "new" one, but apparently there are tons of different iaStor.sys drivers, so I don't want to use the wrong one.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds