corrupt file... won't delete off my iview ebook

Discussion in 'Software' started by geminilady, Apr 11, 2011.

1. geminilady

geminilady Private E-2

I transfered a downloaded movie into my ebook, and during transfer it stopped and had an error pop up unreadable. It saved a file in the ebook that is corrupt and it won't delete. I've tried Unlocker, spybot shredder, a version of force delete. And nothing is working. This ebook has given me nothing but troubles. I've already had to send it back to the manufacturer once and don't want to loss it again for 8 weeks. It was a christmas gift from my hubby, Please help....:cry

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi geminilady and welcome to MG's,

Try the file assassin in Malwarebytes....

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

download the free version and run, in the "more tools" tab file assassin is in there. I would also keep Mbam on your system as a back up virus scanner as it's an excellent tool,the only downfall with the free version is that you have to up-date it yourself and there is no realtime protection,but run once a week on your system as a quick scan will keep your system nice and clean.

If file assassin doesn't work try Revo ...

http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

in the forced uninstall tab type in the name of the locked file and click uninstall, I use this tool to remove all unwanted programs/software and files.

iain.t :major

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

iain.t, the iview ebook uses an android operating system. Malwarebytes needs windows to run. It will not install on an android system.

I suspect Revo Uninstaller only works on Windows also.

You can't run windows programs on an android device, geminilady. Please read the manual or contact support by email to see what you have to do to remove a corrupted file. If needs be, they can probably assist you to get the device back to factory condition.

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

There I've learnt something new again, ;) thanks ploder!!

iain.t :major

5. geminilady

geminilady Private E-2

I tried using all those programs and yep plodr is right didn't work but thanks I will have to contact manufactor and they will have to tell me what to do................. but thanks guy's for your help. I'll try to type what they suggest so everyone knows solution.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds