Corrupt WMP in Vista won't let me share media to PS3

Discussion in 'Software' started by ForTozs, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ForTozs

ForTozs Private E-2

A while back I corrupted my Windows Media Player. I thought I had everything fixed but when I tried to share media with my PS3, I ran into some problems. I can't turn media sharing on. It won't work from Network and Sharing Center (when I click "change" nothing happens), and not from WMP. I have done alot of research on this, but still can't get it to work. I do have uPnP started, as well as SSDP Discovery, but I can't start HTTP SSL ("Windows could not start the HTTP SSL service on local computer. Error 1083: The executable that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service."), and the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service (wmpnetwk.exe -wmpnetworksvc) tells me "The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs." Also, in services.msc, the desription for this services reads, "Failed to read description. Error Code: 15100." I also went through the helper on WMP and put exceptions to the recommended ports in Windows Firewall. I suppose it could be a router issue (I have a linksys WRT54G), but everything has seemed configured fine up until now. I have run a SFC /scannow and gotten the sfcdetails.txt. I went through the log and backed up and replaced all the sytem files mentioned with files from my windows\winsxs directory. After rerunning sfc /scannow my logs are still the same. I am at a loss. I have Vista Home Basic and no installation CD unfortunately. If anyone has any idea how I might fix this problem, your help would be greatly appreciated. I just really want to get my PS3 and laptop on media sharing.

2. ForTozs

ForTozs Private E-2

I think I did the smart thing and just formatted and reinstalled Vista. I had spent the last day and a half trying to get it to work. Works like a charm now. And now I don't have to worry about corrupt files for a while.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds