Corrupted Jump Drive Recycle Bin

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by babel, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babel

babel Private E-2

Corrupted Jump Drive Recycle Bin

I have a JumpDrive Secure 512 Mb and have developed a problem with it.

The Recycle Bin has become corrupted. I can no longer empty the Recycle Bin and as a result the Secure portion has filled up and I can no longer add to it.

I am able to view the contents of the Recycle Bin on one of the graphics programs that I use. I cannot view it in Windows Explorer/ MyComputer even if folder options is set to show all files. When I try to delete a file I get the 'corrupted' message.

Is there a way to empty a corrupted Recycle Bin in a JumpDrive? Is there a way to delete the Recycle Bin and recreate it?

I am running Windows XP SP1.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. babel

babel Private E-2

I guess that there was a post which you removed as I am post #1 and you are #3. In any case, I didn't see it.

I don't need to recover the data; there is nothng on the drive that isn't somewhere else as well. What I want to do is empty the recycle bin so that I can use the Jump Drive, which is now full. Since I receive the message that the Recycle Bin on the JumpDrive is corrupted, I suppose I will need a method to delete the Bin and recreate a good one.

4. babel

babel Private E-2

I have arrived at a partial solution.

Here is what I am doing about the problem: I renamed Recycle Bin and eventually it deleted and recreated. However, before it did that, it moved it's contents to a new folder found within the new Recycle Bin. After I unloaded & reloaded the drive a few times, this folder containing my deleted files eventually seems to have dissappeared.

Unfortunately, on My Computer > Properties, the drive still appears full. I'm not sure why. I'm going to play with it a bit and see if I can change this. Maybe it is full, even with the Recycle Bin emptied. Or maybe Recycle Bin still didn't really empty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds