Corsair 750TX power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rmyere, Nov 16, 2009.

1. rmyere

rmyere Private E-2

OK guys im having a "computer won't start" problem. I recently took apart my whole computer in order to add water cooling. I put the thing back together, and here is what i did because i did not want to run the pump dry.

1. put fluid in system
    2. turned it on with the front panel power button.
    3. Because i wanted it to not run dry, i turned it off after about one second with the HARD switch ON the power supply.
    4. When I went back and tried to turn it on again.....nothing. nada.

So that is where I am right now. I have an asus p6t deluxe....and the board is getting some kind of power because because there are some LED's that are on. (These are always on regardless of the computers state). I took out the graphics cards, took out the RAM, disconnected the HDDs and everything else.

Also, i am sure the board did not get wet.

Anyway, suggestions would be really great at this point. ALSO, I have a question. Is it possible for the power supply to think it is in the "on" state because of how i turned it off, w/o giving the computer any time to send signals to the supply? sr something? i just do not know. And sadly, I don't have another supply that i can just pop in, i would have to go buy one if i somehow damaged the f**ing thing. Well, thanks in advance for your help

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Did you perhaps knock a cable out? I would try to unplug all cables and replug them all in again.

3. rmyere

rmyere Private E-2

no i have reconnected all the cables. anyway, the state of the cables for sure didnt change in the few seconds between the first start up and the second.

4. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

What happens when you try to power on your pc? Any BIOS beeps?

5. rmyere

rmyere Private E-2

nope. nothing. like i didnt even push a button. absolutely nothing.

6. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I would try to turn it on with the switch on the motherboard.

7. rmyere

rmyere Private E-2

tried it. does nothing

8. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Not good

So your sure all cables are plugged into and you did try to unplug them all and plug them all back in? You said also there is a LED light lit up by the power switch?

9. rmyere

rmyere Private E-2

Hmm well I finally did get it working last night. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that the power supply thought that it was "on" already because of the way that i turned it off, using the hard switch. If i let it sit for over an hour it would work again. I replicated the results. Weird....probably not good. Might be looking into getting another power supply as soon as I can, but for now, my system at least has power:-D

10. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I recently got the same PSU as you and havent had this issue. Corsair makes good stuff. If you have more issues I may want to get a replacement PSU.

11. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I have the exact same model PSU and did the same thing as you, hard off as a test thinking it might be part of the built in voltage protection. I waited until everything spun down, turned the PSU back on and hit the start button with no problems.

I'm running an AMD X2 and the same GPU as you so the only difference is your i7 board, it may have its own protection IDK. Good luck man, I hate these type of problems on a new build!:banghead

12. rmyere

rmyere Private E-2

Thats interesting......mine took at LEAST 15 minutes and up to over 30 mins before it would work again. Thats kind of what I thought, that it must be some kind of safety thing. Well, i guess I will not turn off that switch first unless an emergency from now on. stupid computer :banghead

13. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi,

PSU's have safety circuits for over/under voltage and over current. They shut down if any of those happen. They will not restart until you remove the AC power for a few minutes. You may be overloaded or have a component that is bad. PSU could also be bad.

Good luck, Jim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds