Could it be the driver, sound card or speaker.

Discussion in 'Software' started by smhudson, Mar 21, 2008.

1. smhudson

smhudson Private E-2

I shut my system down one night then the next day I started it back and went to play some of my music and I noticed that the sound wasn't right. It's as if some when turned up the music part but turned down the voice. You can barely hear any words at all. The I got to noticing that the icon for Realtek HD Audio Manager was up on the bottom right hand side with the other little icons. This was not there always. However, this is not something that is new it was on my computer when it was purchased. Does this sound like my sound card, the speakers, or is something gone wrong with the driver?

Thanks

Smhudson

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Driver, possibly.
    Check to see if your Sound Device drivers are OK. Use Device Manager:
    To open Device Manager: Start>Control Panel> System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager, then click the plus sign in front of Sound, Video, Game Controllers.
    In Device Manager, if there is a ? in front of your audio device, that means no audio driver is installed.
    A ! means driver installation attempted but with problems.

If you have a retail PC, post the manufacturer name and model #
    Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I just got to thinking. There is a Karaoke function in The Realtek HD Audio Manager. (At least there is in mine)
    If your HD Manager icon wasn't there and is now, possibly someone may have been on your PC, opened it, and re-set the Karaoke.
    Check it and make sure it is set at 0.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds