could someone help me make a simple bat file?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tym, Sep 5, 2009.

1. tym

tym Corporal

I know how to make the file, chang the txt to bat. What I want to do I hope is easy to do.

I want to have a simple bat file that will launch Sim 3 and A free program called game booster. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html At the same time. Im sure it can be done. Just not sure how. Hope someone can help. Thank you.

2. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

you mean launch both at start up or launch the free program at start up and game when you run batch?

3. GermanOne

GermanOne Guest

I don't play anything, but figure out if you could switch sims from full screen to window by using Alt+Return. If that happens I'm sure you could launch both without using any batch file.

4. w3d

w3d Private E-2

Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    REM *****************************************
    REM Launch two applications one after the other
    REM *****************************************

REM APP#1
    REM Change to appropriate drive
    REM Change to the correct directory
    REM Start the application - separate window
    C:
    CD C:\Program Files\Apps\PFE\
    START PFE32.EXE

REM APP#2
    C:
    CD C:\WINDOWS
    START NOTEPAD.EXE

REM Close DOS window
    EXIT
    This BATch file launches "PFE32.EXE" and "NOTEPAD.EXE" on my C: drive, but you get the idea. You must specify the full path to where the executable is located. Using START launches the app in a new window and allows the batch file to continue. Without this the first app would need to be closed before the batch file would continue processing and launch the second app.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds