Couple problems after XP install

Discussion in 'Software' started by Matth3w, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w Corporal

Ok so I just upgraded my system. obviously i reformatted win xp home. everything seems to have went perfect, EXCEPT:

i installed the Ati drivers, newest. installs fine, shows as installed fine in hardware manager. but there are two unknown devices that try to install upon startup. i have no clue what they are, but they both say they are located on Raedon, and that is the only information or clue i have.

I am about to try to reinstall the drivers for the third time to see if it works, but if you have any ideas that would be great.

so please help with these problems (thanks in advance)

1) problem mentioned above

2) forgot how to remove the confirmation upon delete

3) MSIE folder icons take forever to show up sometimes, then suddenly cascade and appear...might have something to do with above problem.

4) get rid of the thing where you have to click on "Matthew" to log into the computer (forgot how to do that)

2. Matth3w

Matth3w Corporal

also i think in the bios that it said the the USB and ATI were on the same IRQ. in the bios there are two BIOS settings i can enable or disable - 1 is just USB and the other says USB 2.0 (there was an addl 2 port USB thing that plugs into the mb)...should one of the two be disabled?

3. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

I have the answer for the confirmation upon delete! Right click the recycle bin, click on properties, and uncheck the box that says "display delete confirmation dialog"
    Also, try going to Start/Control Panel/User Accounts and look at "Change the way users log on and off" so you don't have to click on Matthew. I'm not sure this is what you mean tho. Hope this helps.
    Eric

4. Matth3w

Matth3w Corporal

it is, thanks. it has been a year or so since a fresh install so i forgot a couple easy things.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds