CPU/Memory Stress Test Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mulsiphix, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Mulsiphix

Mulsiphix Private E-2

Alright I'm about to start OC'ing my CPU and as soon I've found the highest stable clock I'll set orthos to test it all night. I've already tested my memory for 10+ hours this morning and there were no errors using memtest86+. Assuming there are no errors in orthos after testing my CPU all night long, is it necessary....

1. to run the cpu/memory blend test in orthos to uncover additional possible errors with the cpu or memory? If so should I run this test for 6-8 hours like for the memory and cpu tests?

2. to retest my memory in memtest86+ since my cpu was at the stock setting when it was tested last night? Not sure if OC'ing the processor can produce new errors in memory. Note that I am using an 650i board and will be using the unlinked mode.

Any help would be most appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds