cpu not recognised

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danjotom, Sep 6, 2007.

1. danjotom

danjotom Private First Class

I have just put a new motherboard anp cpu in my pc and the system is not recognising what type of cpu it just says unknown cpu. Is this Bios related and will affect my pcs performance?

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Does your new motherboard and cpu bootup when you turn on your system or does it just give you an error message?
    You might want to check and see if there's a bios update for your motherboard and see it that helps.

3. danjotom

It all works ok, just not recognising the type of cpu.

4. BCGray

BCGray Guest

That is strange why not run "Everest" and open the "Motherboard" item then either "CPU" or "CPUID" the latter will give a more detailed report on the CPU. Everest is available at this link http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

What is the motherboard make and model?
    What is the CPU type What serial numbers etc are printed on it?
    Is it AMD or Intel?
    Did you buy these aas a bundled pair and what info did the supplier give?

6. danjotom

Motherboard
    Asus K8-v-uayz
    Serial # 53mm2a7453
    Part # 90-m9lodo-gouayz
    754 Socket

Cpu
    Amd Sempron
    I bought it seperate and put them together and installed my self, I only got standard info that comes with them.
    cant see a serial number on cpu.

7. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

8. danjotom

It is a X64 bit

9. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Sorry danjotom, but have you run "Everest" CPUID yet, because if you had this is something like what you should have seen:

[​IMG]

Which will really help us to solve this problem your having.

10. danjotom

I will do so now, I am currently using a computer that i just built for my dad. I have just finished it so I will get back on my pc and run it. Thanks all for help so far.

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Did you ever check on a BIOS update>

That has fixed this exact problem for me in the past.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds