Crap Cleaner Progress Bar Sometimes Off

Discussion in 'Software' started by Farbib, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Farbib

Farbib Corporal

I think Crap Cleaner is great btw and installed it on many computers. Was just wondering if anybody experiences sometimes the progress bar 1) goes 1/4th or a 1/3rd and then closes, or 2) keeps going 100% over and over. I've seen both. I've never written a program, and figure CC is doing it's job, maybe just the progress bar is sometimes off?

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

just guessing:
    Is it possible that a background app/process is using one or more of the files that the program is trying to delete and that conflict is throwing the program's progress calculation off?
    Trying killing all unneccessary processes from the TaskManager > Processes and see if it keeps happening....

3. Farbib

Farbib Corporal

Turc, Next time I restart the computer I will boot to safe mode and then run Crap Cleaner. I'll post the results. Thanks.

4. simonk

simonk Corporal

when i downloaded a version of it a couple of months ago i ran a scan and the same thing happend to me i went to settings and the radio button (close when program finished was not checked) ??:confused:
    and this is what it was doing ,
    so i clicked it on rebooted and rescaned .It closed again imedatilly so i went back to settings unchecked it ran again and it went all the way to 100% and stayed open as it should.
    try this out

5. Farbib

Farbib Corporal

Cool. I haven't been on that particular computer for a couple of days. I will be later tonight and give both these a whirl.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds