Crash, Crash, The Plug In's Are Crashing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, May 25, 2016.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Fact; Plug ins only purposes are to crash.
    I have for the past 3 days done extensive net surfing across a myriad of sites. And for 3 days I have had plug in after plug in such as Flash Player, Firefox container (?) etc, etc., crash, lock up, or just stop functioning
    I use Win7, Firefox, Google search and a very large amount of profanity. My computer is custom built, about 3 mos ago.

This is what I paid fairly large amount of bonzai buckaroos for?
    H E double hockey stick. I could have saved $$, and kept my dinosaur era HP if all I wanted was crashes.

Sarge

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

W7, Pale Moon x64, Flash ESR, DuckDuckGo, browser uptimes ~10 days.

What's a Plugin crash?

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You have not identified what plug ins you are even talking about. All plug ins have a name. You can see that in Firefox > Addons > Plug ins where they are listed.

If you are talking about Adobe Shockwave FLASH Player plug ins, then do this troubleshooting step:

1. Download and save to desktop this official uninstaller:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/adobe_flash_player_uninstaller.html
    2. Making 100% certain that every web browser is CLOSED on your system - check in Task Manager if need be, now run the above uninstaller until it completes fully, and says that.
    3. RESTART your system
    Run CCleaner Slim Cleaner, then run CCleaner Slim Registry > scan > allow it to FIX ALL Issues, and run it again until zero issues are found
    4. Restart your system
    Now reinstall from a correct new download Flash player.
    https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    In the above make sure you UNCHECK any optional offers it may or may not offer.

4. satrow

OTOH, you might prefer to find the cause of the crashes. about:crashes should contain a list of recent Firefox crashes, you can follow the method in the link, or copy/paste the links here for us to take a look at.

Include your OS, security software and Firefox version details.

The Firefox about:support troubleshooting details should also prove useful.

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

He can do that laborious and complicated step. But troubleshooting with a clean uninstall and reinstall may well help first. If that doesn't work then indeed it will require further investigation. But someone needs to be able to do that and just saying "Fact; Plug ins only purposes are to crash." makes me doubt that.

6. satrow

Top plugin crashers, Firefox 46.01 mostly Flash -related.

Flash -related issues are complex, MS critical patches need to be kept updated, ime Flash ESR is much more stable than Release versions and Firefox ESR (either the new v45 or, still my preferred, v38) is also more stable than the Release versions.

A good blocker, like uBlock Origin, should also increase Firefox stability and safety, helping you avoid known bad sites/adverts.

If a full Flash uninstall and install of Flash ESR doesn't help, your profile might be corrupt or have adware/malware - Refresh Firefox (about:support, button on the right side) first, if that doesn't help, check for malware.

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Set flash to ask to activate. Not only do pages load quicker, but if there is something bad in flash on a page, which is now the top way to get malware on a computer, you won't get it.

satrow likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds