Crash/Error message regarding driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by comtrang, May 4, 2009.

1. comtrang

comtrang Private E-2

Hey, been awhile since I've posted.

Had an issue a few minutes ago.. was just scrolling down through the news earlier when all of a sudden I got this message:

[​IMG]

Rebooted, greeted by this:

[​IMG]

I haven't made any hardware changes - I spend most of my hours a day online on the same Saab forums doing what I always do. I have noticed lately, can't say for how long, that when trying to go into standby it gets held up by something. For whatever reason I didn't keep track of what process I had to end to allow it to continue - I only tried the known ones such as MSN messenger which works sometimes - but twice or so it got to the point where I had to just force a shutdown with my laptop's power button.

Running XP Professional version 2002. Since I got it this last summer, I'm very careful of where I browse and I've been good about keeping all of my security/antivirus/firewall up-to-date.

Any help with this would be appreciated, I've tried so hard to keep this computer fresh and so I'd hate to lose it!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Does PC boot and run ok in normal mode still and this is random occurance? or happens when you do a particular task as in browsing the net etc, if so please post some recreation steps.

Check windows Update history for it installing any drivers automatically.

Can you boot into safe mode and do the same task ok?

If you have not installed anything new software or hardware wise (including USB pen, Printer, Keyboard/Mouse etc) then attach in a text file content of the dump file as per these instructions.

Also run memory disgnostics and this one is good Memtest86

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds