Crashdump examine - just need clarification?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcadam, Jan 1, 2008.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Had a few problems with BSOD and pc failing to start recently. Ran WinDbg a few times and it's coming up with the same problem of win32.sys. Am I right in thinking this is a system error and it's best to wipe the slate (hd) clean and reformat etc?

Attached is the log.

Attached Files:

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'd be more concerned of a hardware related problem.

When is the last time you checked the ram? The hard disk? The temperatures?

Is it completely random?

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I'm feeling that way too in some ways, as the problem arises when pc is turned on for the first time each day. Will go through a series of BSODs, restarts, hangs on bios info before booting to Windows. Even had "Bios boot image scanning hard drive" (or similar) come up a couple of times which I've never seen before.

I'll check hardware connections, it could be a memory issue but I haven't changed any.

Attached is my temps, although can't see anything wrong with this, catch me on msn if you got a mo too :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Update -

Took out 1 stick of ram so only running 3 now (before I go x64) and there seems to be no boot problems today...strange!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds