Create a Shortcut

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jon_Eyton, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Jon_Eyton

Jon_Eyton Private E-2

Hi

I want to put a shortcut in the following location, which I will describe as I do not know its exact name. I'm using Windows 7 and the location I want to put the shortcut is click on Start and then point cursor to All Programs and in the list that pops up. It is a shortcut to an application which didn't create a shortcut there when I installed the programme.

Tx

Jon

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

They are in the following location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

3. Jon_Eyton

Jon_Eyton Private E-2

I am not asking where they are. The application I want to have a shortcut there doesn't have one there.

That's what I want to know. How to put one there.

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Right click the executable in the program's folder in Program Files and click Create Shortcut. Drag or c&p that to the folder tgell gave you.

5. Jon_Eyton

Jon_Eyton Private E-2

Thank you for that info!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds