Creating a Custom Browser Toolbar Button to Return Webpage URL

Discussion in 'Software' started by earlpk, Jul 23, 2004.

1. earlpk

earlpk Private E-2

Hello,
    I am looking for help on the following. I'm trying to create a custom browser toolbar button that will do a few things. One that I'm trying to do at the moment is just simply return the URL of whatever page the user is visiting.

I wanted to create a Win32 application using VB.NET. If there is a better way of doing this please let me know. I assume there needs to be some sort of client side code. I was originally leaning towards using "Request.Path.ToString" or "Request.ApplicationPath.ToString" but these require server based execution.

For the time being, I'm creating a simple VB.NET Win32 application with 1 button. The onclick of which should be able to access the URL of the existing page. However, since the application isn't part of any browser yet, I'm unsure of how to access information about the page.

Any ideas on the code to use and how to implement this? I'm looking for some code examples and direction on how to go about this (ie. create an executable from the win32 application, etc). Maybe there is some javaScript that can be used. I will eventually be creating a toolbar similar to that explained in the following link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/ext/tutorials/button.asp.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds