creative diagnostics soundfont error. sb audigy 2zs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Private_Geek16, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Private_Geek16

Private_Geek16 Private E-2

hi,

i have no sound at all. i have sb audigy 2 zs [CCC0] card in dell xps. when running creative diagnostics all tests:

hardware detection
    wave
    midi
    mixer
    directsound 3d
    mixer settings

pass except soundfont.

i have tried all basic steps :confused (i.e. device manager,checked cables, tried audio cd, all seems ok). can someone please help? thanks in advance.

2. Private_Geek16

i checked audio with headphones and i get sound when usb connection but no sound when plugged into minijacks. can somebody please help. thanks in advance.

3. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

Typically when you add a sound card to your system that has its own sound chip on the motherboard, you have to disable the onboard sound before the sound card will work correctly. Sometimes its with a jumper on the motherboard but more often its done in the bios, and new boards will sometimes detect the card and disable onboard sound automatically. What can happen is driver conflicts when you onboard drivers are trying to run along with the cards. Just because the card tests OK when the diagnostics look directly at it, doesn't mean there are no conflicts with other drivers.

4. Private_Geek16

Thanx for reply Appzalien. I got sound problem fixed by uninstalling all Creative drivers and software, then installing Creative Audigy 2 beta 4 drivers. Took a few (3) uninstalls and reinstalls, because I kept trying to reinstall dell creative diagnostic software (only). Gave up on diagnostic install and everything is good now:).

Thanx again.

5. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

Take a peek here:

Code:
    http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/
    Alternative drivers for your card, they're supposed to be alot better sounding than creatives, and are actually Audigy4 drivers for an audigy1 or 2 card.

Heres a page on the same site with some tips and explanations:

Code:
    http://kb.kxproject.lugosoft.com/guide/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds