Creative Megaworks 6.1 speakers crackling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Main Frame, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Main Frame

Main Frame Corporal

My speakers have started crackling. It's completely random and continues even if the system is unplugged from my PC. It'll just come in little bursts where it will crackle and pop for a while, then it stops for hours. This wasn't a big deal untill recently when it started doing it much more often. It'll start in the middle of the night and wake me up which really pisses me off. I would unplug the power source at night, but I use a PC alarm clock to get up in the morning so I need my speakers plugged in all the time. What's the freekin deal? I payed $300 for these speakers and this is really getting on my nerves. One thing I know, I won't be going back to Creative for my speakers in the future.

2. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

The crackling could be cause from and outside source, such as any type of broadcasted signal, some sort of vibration in the room, try adjusting the location of all cords, to speakers, power cords, see anything makes a difference. My cell phone drives my speaker nuts if it is in the same room.

3. Main Frame

Main Frame Corporal

It's not like an interference sound tho. And some times it doesn't do it for a week at a time. I've checked all the plugs because it sounds like if you pulled the plugs half way out of the sound card and jiggled them around.

I'm begining to think it has something to do with the amp internally. I cut the power to the speakers for a while and the sound hasn't returned.. altho I'm sure it will in due time.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds