CRT Not Initialized?

Discussion in 'Software' started by philshantz, Aug 17, 2006.

1. philshantz

philshantz Private E-2

A week ago I downloaded TechSmith's 30 day free trial of Camtasia Studio. The installation appeared successful but when I tried to open the program I got the following:
    [​IMG]

TechSmith support has tried various things but have not been able to figure this out yet (other than stating that they have had "some problems")...
    ...so I thought I'd throw this out to the experts!
    Philip

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Let me suggest some stuff you probably tried. Not sure what this program is, though...

This is popping up as a VB6 error, so I would try installing the latest one:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Visual_Basic_Run_Time_d523.html

Since the error goes to the monitor, you might be sure your drivers are current. This would include your video card and motherboard.

If that has been tried, tell me what this program does and one of us will help you try other ideas.

3. philshantz

philshantz Private E-2

Just tried that, no luck...thanks, though
    Just updated the vid card driver last week. I have a Dell Trinitron Ultrascan P780 monitor that I just borrowed from a friend about a month ago after my monitor died -- I tried to find a specific "new" driver for that today but was unsuccessful. I just updated DirectX also.
    ...I have to plead ignorance about a driver for the motherboard though: how would I go about that?

(BTW, my OS is WIN2K & SP4)

...you mean besides not open...?? :rolleyes:

here:
    [​IMG]
    (the above was captured with their SnagIt" program, which works just fine...)

Thanks,
    Philip

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I couldn't find anything about that particular error and that program ...did you uninstall and reinstall?

And you could try a system file check (start / run / type "sfc /scannow" without qoutes ...

5. erikske

erikske Sergeant

I think CRT in this case means 'C Run Time', so i'm guessing you're missing the Visual C++ runtime. Get it here

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds