cs fps nvida vid card

Discussion in 'Software' started by warpig, Aug 21, 2004.

1. warpig

warpig Private E-2

When i play cs my fps was always at a constant 60; the bug in windows XP kept it liek that. A friend told me to dl reforce, i ddi and i dont know if that is whats cousing the problem or if its just somthing i need to fix witht he setting of the vid card. My problem is that now my fps jumpd from anywhere betweeen 70 to 100. It wont stay at a constant frame rate and its skipping frames. Making it look lagy, its nto choppy looking or anything just looks liek tis laging and ti'll get stuck on one frame sometimes.

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Hi; I reccomend if you seriously want some help you type correct english for one...2nd post your computer specs so we further look into the problem; saying "im having bad fps and i dled drivers and now its choppy" doesnt really help us much. But hope you reply back and I can get back to you.

3. Fuzz

Fuzz Private First Class

LOL.....im sorry but that post just cracks me up...LOL could someone please refer him to the webster website for a few word pointers? sorry dude...must be my mood

4. warpig

warpig Private E-2

Yea sorry about that. I’m very sure I typed that under 10 seconds, late for work. Any ways a friend told me about this web site and said I could get some decent help. Specs are...

System: Windows xp- home edition
    Monitor: SONY cpd-g220r
    Video card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE

Problem:
    fps is not consistent,
    looks very choppy while playing
    fps skips multiple frames.

5. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Ok first off; did you dl newest drivers @ www.nvidia.com ??

What sound card you use? - It may lead to laggyness if you have a low end soundcard but your using full effects.

What about your system speed?

Do you have Directx 9.0c? www.microsoft.com/directx

Are you playing CS or CS:source?

Your 3dcard is a heavily watered down version of its normal state (the 5700)..LE means its much slower then its standard contender so the graphical performance isnt as high.. You can compare it with one step down from its line (the 5500).

Anywho you shouldn't be getting that must jitter in the game; are you sure its not your internet connection?

Bring down console with the ~ key and try rate 20000 if you have broadband.
    also try fps_max 100... If you are running CS:S and want to improve graphical performance there are guides out there that help you gain 20~ or so FPS...just google it.

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ok, inconsistant FPS rates sounds like you might have somthing running in the background.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

That will help you disable some unnececary services which should improve overall performance, and would rule out other programs running. Indexing service is a particularly bad offender for this kind of problem.

I wouldn't recommend 3rd party "hacked" or preconfigured drivers if you're having problems. I'd get the official driver release from www.nvidia.com and make sure that the drivers arn't the problem. You may want to try going back a couple of versions if you have the time if you think there might be some issues with the new drivers and your card. If you see no improvement, go back to the latest drivers.

Omegamerc: I should think if he's playing the original CS, that card would be MORE than good enough to handle it (its a legacy game, you can play it on a PII with a couple of Voodoo's if you wanted to).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds