Currently running an AtI 8500 All-in-Wonder 128 MB and was wondering...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OldGeekzer, Feb 11, 2005.

1. OldGeekzer

OldGeekzer Private E-2

is this still a good card? What would be the next step up for a decent price? AtI or Nvidia makes no diff to me..I've had both and no problems with either. Also I like the TV viewing while browsing the net.

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

still a good card to browse the net, you betcha.

it all depends on what you want to do with it. do you play any games? if so, are they new or old?

there are a few cheap upgrades that are a bit better than that card (it is 3 generations old now), but unless you have something specific you are interested in, theres not going to be any real gain.

if you do desire an upgrade for whatever reason, define a 'decent price' range in your eyes and we'll help you decide whats best :)

3. OldGeekzer

OldGeekzer Private E-2

Ok...less than $150..should I buy a seperate TV card?

4. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

you might be able to get a 9700 pro for a little more than that, and then get a separate tv-tuner card for around $50, that's what I would do.

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

However, if you don't play games, there is NO need to upgrade your video card...

6. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

my advice to you if you are set on upgrading, is to wait for the nVidia 6600GT AGP to drop below your price limit. it is currently at around $180, and is on par with the $350 Ati Radeon 9800xt.

then it would be a good idea to get a separate TV tuner card, so that you dont need to spend extra on an "AIW" or anything of the sort on the next upgrade.

7. OldGeekzer

OldGeekzer Private E-2

Thanks All!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds