curser freezing in screen centre when changing user

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dennford, Mar 4, 2009.

1. dennford

dennford Private E-2

I recently re-installed windows xp on my 'puter due to years of acumilating files etc and a virus. Prior to this I had for a few months a minor but annoying problem, I had two users on the machine and if I logged off one and onto another it would open okay but the curser would freeze in the centre of the screen and nothing would tempt the little sod to move.

After my re-install everything is working beautifully; that was until I set up another user this afternoon. Yep! you guessed it, the same problem. The only way to switch users is to turn the machine off and reboot.

Okay I am using xp and a wacom tablet - no mouse, as I have been for the past five years or so untill possibly 4 months ago.

Please help; its minor but getting at me, especially now that everything else is running so well.

Denn

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

See if fast user switching is on or off. Whatever is now being used, change to the other option and see if that helps.

3. dennford

dennford Private E-2

That certainly works, the problem there being that I now have to close any running prog's down before logging off.

Denn

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds