Custom fabric computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lock and load, Aug 20, 2009.

1. lock and load

lock and load Private E-2

My laptop got some nasty scratches, so I am thinking of attaching some fabric to the the enclose, i want the set up to be taken off easily if needed. Has anyone tried doing this, if so how?

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

You could try some sticky back velcro . snip 6 small pieces and attach them to the 4 corners of the lap and top and bottom center. Then place said material evenly to the lap top. Have you thought about a type of contact paper with designs on them? Just a thought.

3. lock and load

lock and load Private E-2

Will Im Army. Im going to use the new Camo Pattern (P.S. Its a bullS**t cammo patern). How easy is it to take the Velcro off?

4. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

If you are referring to taking it "off the laptop itself,it has a sticky glue like substance that stays on your lap and you would have to use some alcohol maybe to get the sticky part off,If all you want to do is take the material part off then the just pull up on the velcro part of the material carefully not to pull the velcro from the back of the laptop. If that's not what you were looking for then try and find a fabric shop in your town, may be referred to as a hobby/craft shop and tell them exactly what you want and they should be able to get you started.If you try to attach anything to it as a temp cover you may have to use some sort of straps that will probably keep your lid from closing putting tension on the hinges causing problems later. The only other thing I can suggest is to get some gooey type of gel glue called Glue Dots it's a type of adhesive and is easy to remove. Don't know how well it will stick and stay on the lap as they tend to get a little warm. I use it on a lot of things. Good luck with it and if you do find something that works post back with a pick and what you've done in case others have the same situation.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds